At Cohesio Group, we know that tech is the frontier of new opportunities. Discovering how to leverage new technology and actually implement is our forte, all thanks to our great people.
We are growing and seeking another dynamic accountant to join our finance team based in our head office in Melbourne, Australia.
Work in a collaborative environment where inquisitive minds, dynamic teams and ambitious individuals meet and achieve common goals. Work with our customers, some of Australia’s biggest names in supply chain, manufacturing, retail, distribution, transport & logistics and pharmaceutical.
About the role
An opportunity is available for a dynamic and engaging all-around Accountant to undertake a broad range of duties within our Finance team on a full-time basis.
To be considered for this role candidates will be qualified CA/CPA or near to completion and should have excellent attention to detail and a willingness to work as a team.
Key responsibilities -
The key responsibilities for this position include but not limited to:
- General Ledger maintenance including Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet items for the entities within the Group;
- Month-end reconciliations including but not limited to the bank reconciliations of AUD and Foreign currency bank accounts, credit card reconciliation, balance sheet reconciliation;
- Process consolidation and elimination journals;
- Reconcile Intercompany Loan Balances;
- Monthly project report and liaise with the project team;
- Prepare BAS returns for the entities within the Group;
- Assist in preparing a yearly budget and update monthly forecast;
- Attend to WIP, writes offs, transfers and adjustments;
- Assist in monthly cashflow forecasting & management;
- Assist in the external and internal audit;
- Ad hoc project work as directed by the CFO and/or company;
- Assist the CFO in improving processes, internal controls, driving change and meeting strict deadlines.
- 3-4 years' experience in technical accounting, consolidation and statutory reporting obtained in a corporate environment;
- Good understanding of Australian Accounting Standards;
- Proficiency with Excel at an Intermediate/Advanced level;
- Experience with Netsuite, PM10 or a similar reporting system would be an advantage however training will be provided;
- Good working knowledge of financial statements;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication, self-management and organisational skills;
- The ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work with conflicting time constraints;
- Advanced or intermediary excel skills are mandatory.
- A valid visa to work in Australia.
Selection Criteria -
To be considered for this position, candidates will possess the following skills and attributes:
About Cohesio Group -
At Cohesio Group, we live to be the leaders of today, and visionaries for tomorrow. We partner with our clients, explore their business challenges and collaborate with our industry colleagues to deliver solutions that are tried and true, and support business transformation.
Our people are passionate about empowering clients’ teams by sharing a layer of clarity from a different perspective.
Respected for our minds, known for our expertise in making systems work seamlessly and loved by our friends and colleagues, we ask the right questions to understand why and explore all options to identify solutions that create movement.
So, grow your career with Cohesio Group and join our team of like-minded solutioners
Help us exhaust all the whys to explore the how.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the role.