Respecting your privacy
Cohesio Group is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience. Cohesio Group is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
We will let you know:
• when we collect information about you;
• what information we collect and hold about you and why we collect such information;
• how that information is used by us;
• if the law requires the collection of such information;
• the consequences, if any, of you not disclosing such information;
• that you can access such information and how you can access such information; and
• how you can correct such information if it is not correct.
How is personal information collected?
• when you sign-up to any mailing list;
• when you register for or participate in events that we run;
• when you register or fill in forms on our websites or mobile applications;
• when you visit and use our websites and applications;
• when you send emails, letters or other correspondence to us; or
• when you report an incident, make a complaint or provide other feedback to us;
Where we collect information from you, we will generally do so ourselves. However, in some cases we may collect information through a third party.
What personal information do we collect?
The information that we collect directly about you may include:
• your name, date of birth, email address, postal address and other contact details;
• payment information, which may include bank account or credit card details, and other information that we need in order to provide relevant goods and services to you;
• user names, passwords and other registration details that you provide when registering to use any of our applications, mobile applications or other services;
• details of your visits to and use of our websites and applications, including the different parts of the websites and applications that you access during your visits;
• other information that you provide to us.
Our customers may collect other personal information in the applications that we manage on their behalf.
How is personal information used?
We will use and disclose your personal information for the primary purposes of our business as a retailer or a purpose related to our primary purpose such as marketing, where you consent to such disclosure or such disclosure is permitted by the Act.
In addition we may use such information to market to you products and services offered by Cohesio Group unless you have indicated that you do not wish to obtain such offers or material. Such a request can be made to the Privacy Officer. We will in such circumstances use the personal information provided for the sole purpose of providing the service you have requested.
We do not use any personal information contained in the applications that we manage on behalf of our customers.
How is personal information disclosed?
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or you have given us your consent to do so.
The personal information you have provided to us will be kept confidential and secure and will not be accessible for unauthorised use, amendment or disclosure.
Cohesio Group may, from time to time, use services provided by third party organisations. Your personal information will only be provided to these businesses for the purpose of enabling a service to be provided to you. We will not otherwise provide your personal information to a third party without your approval. Cohesio Group takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
We may disclose personal information to overseas recipients, who are located in the United States of America, the Asia Pacific Region and other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to Cohesio Group (for example storing data via a cloud service).
We do not disclose any personal information contained in the applications we manage on behalf of our customers except; if required by law, or to respond to a legal request
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access or use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. This includes any information that we disclose overseas.
Where data is held overseas, we require third parties to store such data in restricted access premises and provide appropriate protection against unauthorised disclosure.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy, delete or de-identify it in a secure manner.
How can I access and update my personal information?
You are able to access or correct the personal information we hold about you at any time by accessing your online profile, or contacting our customer service line on 1300 66 93 94 or email at email@example.com, or by writing to the Privacy Officer, Cohesio Group, Unit 10, 2-4 Sarton Road, Clayton Victoria 3168 Australia. Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require proof of identity.
We will reasonably attempt to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up to date and complete. To assist us to do this please provide us with the correct information and inform us if your details have changed. If we deny you access to information or deny a request for correction we will provide you with the reasons why we have denied you access or corrected such information in the circumstances.
Direct marketing and opting out
By providing your address, email address and telephone numbers to Cohesio Group, you consent to Cohesio Group contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS, telephone. You can opt out of being contacted by:
• contacting us on 1300 66 93 94 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to the Privacy Officer, Cohesio Group, Unit 10, 2-4 Sarton Road, Clayton Victoria 3168 Australia; or
• using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (e.g. email, SMS or MMS) to opt out of receiving those messages.
How can I find out what personal information Cohesio Group holds about me?
If you would like to access or update your personal information, you can contact our customer service line on 1300 66 93 94, or write to us at Unit 10, 2-4 Sarton Road, Clayton Victoria 3168 Australia. We prefer to receive written requests as this may assist us in verifying your identity. Cohesio Group reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
We are unable to assist in enquiries regarding any personal information which may be located in the applications we manage on behalf of our customers.
Privacy Officer, Cohesio Group
Unit 10, 2-4 Sarton Road, Clayton Victoria 3168
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you are entitled under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
More information about Privacy law and the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.
What is a cookie?
When you visit cohesiogroup.com, we automatically collect non-identifying aggregate information such as your domain name, browser type, referral and demographic information. This is solely for the purpose of monitoring our website traffic. This information gives us an insight on which pages are visited most frequently. This is used to improve the site so we can provide a better experience for you as a customer. We do not monitor your activity outside of our site, but we do gather information on what sites refer traffic to us.
Third Party Cookies and how to reject cookies
You can choose to decline cookies, but if you do so, you may not be able to fully experience our online interactive features.